Friday, November 4, 2011

NYC Marathon

So a few of the girl's whose blogs I read are running the NYC Marathon this weekend.  I am definitely jealous!  One, because they will be in NYC all weekend and two, because they are running one of the most well known and talked about marathons in the country/world.  I can only hope that one year I will actually be able to run the NYC Marathon.  I plan on signing up for it in the beginning of 2012 but there is no guarantee that I will actually "win the lotto" and claim a spot.  In fact, one of the bloggers whose blog I frequent signed up in 2009, 2010 and 2011 - & because she was denied a spot all three times, she is guaranteed a spot next year.  But regardless, she was DENIED 3 years in a row.  That does not bode well for me!

But hopefully I will get lucky - starting in the new year :)

On a different note, Brent and I are still super sick.  We are really looking forward to this day of work to be over so that we can relax and get better this weekend.  We had plans to head up to my mother-in-laws this weekend but I don't think that is in the cards.  I think a laid back, lazy, sleepy weekend sounds like the best idea in the world!

Also, I made the Quinoa/Mushroom soup last night - deeeeeeee lish!  & super easy to make.  Here is the link to the recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/11/01/mushroom-millet-soup-with-cheezy-garlic-bread/
I made a few little changes - I used two bags of cremini mushrooms (10oz each) & 1 bag white mushrooms (10oz).  I used quinoa in place of millet.  Two red onions in place of 4 cups of sweet onions.  3TB of minced garlic (i used the pre-minced tub of garlic <--my favorite item in my fridge!).  & finally, I only put 6 cups of vegetable broth in...but I would recommend the 7.5 cups because ours got really thick as it sat.  But regardless, there was a ton left over and I can't wait to eat it for dinner again tonight!!  Probably only took me 20 minutes to make it and there were minimal ingredients!  My type of meal :)

Today will be full of yummy food because the Green Truck (an organic food truck in Southern California) is at work and they have a sandwich called the Mother Trucker Vegan Burger.  I was super excited about it!  This is the description from their website: 
"our signature vegan veggie burger, made from scratch out of local vegetables, topped with Suzie’s sunflower sprouts, heirloom tomato, beet dressing" - YUM-O!

Brent and I ordered two vegan burgers and a side of sweet potato fries.  I was NOT disappointed!  It was probably one of the most flavorful veggie patties I have ever had...yet it still had a meaty flavor to it!  The sweet potato fries were good too - but I am a sucker for sweet potato fries!  All in all, an excellent lunch.

On a side note, why are sweets so addicting?!  I had a very satisfying lunch yet I still go in for a donut for dessert.  Not that I am a type of person that deprives themselves if they really want something but it was my second donut of the day and I had JUST eaten lunch.  Totally unnecessary.  Oh well...too late.  It's already in my belly.  & just so you know, it was a glazed cinnamon apple filled bear claw.  & it was delicious.  & it's friday.  & I'm sick.  So it's a-okay :)

WHAT I'M THANKFUL FOR TODAY:

I am thankful for Hall Mentho-Lyptus in the blue bag.  They are a godsend for my poor scratchy throat.  I used to be addicted to them in college during the cold winters in Centre PA.  Now I only pop them when I am sick - so mayyyyybe 3 times a year at the most.  But they work wonders in clearing up your sinuses and soothing your throat!  I'm telling ya!

Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment