Friday, November 4, 2011

Training Slacker

So Brent and I were supposed to run 2.5 m on Tuesday.  We were both feeling a bit under the weather so we decided it would be better for us to rest and continue with our schedule on Thursday.  It is now Thursday…and we both feel much worse.  It would be one thing if we just had a head cold but we are both achey all over our bodies (as if we had just run a marathon yesterday – yet we haven’t run since Saturday).  I feel like such a slacker but I can’t imagine that running would be the best thing for my body right now.  Ugh.  Well, all I can hope is that we can beat this bug before Saturday so we can do our long run for the week.  I have a feeling it might be a walk/run kinda day.  Bum city.
TWENTY DOLLAR CHALLENGE = FAIL
As for my weekly challenge of only spending $20 on groceries – I would have totally met it (have only spent about $18 for food) but I had to buy Day/Nyquil for my husband and I to function.  Medicine is EXPENSIVE!!! Plus, we were so sick yesterday that neither of us wanted to cook anything so we ordered a pizza…but my mom and dad sent us a $20 for Halloween (yes, I am 26 and my parents still send me money for holidays…not gonna say no.  It bought me a pizza for goodness sake!) so I chalked it up to a Halloween treat since we didn’t get any Halloween candy this year.  Anyway, I’m pretty sure it is illegal to start a challenge when you are sick so next week I will be better.
Current Eats:
Oatmeal with mashed banana and dark chocolate almond milk (new favorite breakfast)
Leftover Pizza (cold and delicious)
A little leftover chili
Cashew cookie Larabar (best flavor IMHO and I tell Brent every time I have one – only two ingredients!  Just cashews and dates – yum times 2)
& for dinner – Quinoa mushroom soup.  I feel like it is mandatory when sick to have soup.
On a different note, I’m starting a little late but I’ve decided to join the blogosphere in a Thanksgiving challenge for the month of November.  Starting today, I will make sure to add something that I am thankful for at the end of each post.
WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR:
I am thankful for my husband.  He is my best friend, my shoulder to cry on and one of the only people who can make me laugh no matter how bad I am feeling (he really is pretty funny!).  I cannot imagine my life without him.  I definitely got lucky when I found him.  Did I mention that he loves football just as much (maybe more – but that’s just because he had to keep up with me when we first started dating) as me?  That’s love right there, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment