Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Puppy Run

So last night Brent and I went for a 2m run with Freckles.  We decided to run at an easy pace and since we weren't concerned with our time, we figured it would be the perfect time to run with the pup.  She is still only 10 months old so we don't want to push it on her little puppy joints (plus she is terrible on the leash - always pulling and running every which way...she almost tripped Brent at least 3 times).

After the run, I noticed that my achilles tendon felt wierd...it didn't actually hurt but I could feel it.  I looked up some achilles stretches and strengthening exercises that I am going to try to do a couple of days a week.  The last thing I want is to get injured in the very beginning of our training!  I found a good article on achilles stretching/strengthening on livestrong.com --> Here is the link!

Before we had gone out for our run I made Brent's favorite soup so that it would be ready when we got back.  Definitely worth getting out a little bit later than planned.  When we got back I put some seasoned kale in the oven to bake.  I don't know about you but I can almost never make perfect kale chips...but yesterdays were pretty damn close!  Even Brent liked them and he does NOT like kale.  I sprayed them with Pam olive oil spray and tossed them with garlic powder, cayenne powder, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, sea salt and nutritional yeast.  I put them in the oven at 340 F for 7 minutes then peeled some of the damper pieces off of the foil so they would crisp up and put them back in for another 5 minutes. 

They were a little spicy but really tasty!  Normally, I have to eat kale chips with some ketchup but I just ate them plain and I really enjoyed them.  I would definitely use a little less cayenne powder next time because my mouth was burning by the time I was done - and I like spicy foods!  Just a word to the wise :)

I will probably make them again tonight because they are super easy and filling (and I need to get rid of my kale before it goes bad).  Definite recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment