Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thirsty Thursday!!

Today I decided to institute some theme ideas for some of the days of the week.  I always love the blogs I read that have things like “Meatless Monday” or “Three Things Thursday” or “Twenty Minute Tuesday”, etc, etc.  I have thought up something for each day of the week so even when I don’t have anything important to say I will be forced to write a little something anyway.  Also, there may be days I skip but if I REALLY wanna blog and I have nothing to day, now I have something :) Keep in mind, I have gotten some inspiration for these ideas from all of the wonderful blogs I frequent but I am trying to make them mostly my own. 


They are as follows:

 
TWITTER TUESDAY – While I do not tweet very often, I do follow quite a few notable twitter feeds.  On the occasional Tuesday, I will post some of the more interesting, humorous, silly tweets.

 
WIKIPEDIA WEDNESDAY – My dad is OBSESSED with Wikipedia (he even has a couple of pages that he wrote) so on Wednesdays I will be picking a Wikipedia page to discuss/comment on.  Maybe I’ll even learn something!

THIRSTY THURSDAY – I used to love Thirsty Thursday in college when it meant that bars would have ridiculous deals on booze.  In honor of my college days, I will discuss a new or special drink of the day (alcoholic or not…depends on how I’m feeling).  Perhaps they will even be seasonal – peppermint martini?  Yes, please.

FURRY FRIENDS FRIDAY – As you know, I am obsessed with my pup and animals in general.  There are way too many dogs in shelters that need homes, volunteer programs that need help and cute animal pictures that need to be viewed.  Friday will be the day to view all things furry :)

SONG SATURDAY – I love music so I will post a song that I am loving (maybe more than one) on Saturdays.

SUPPER SCHEDULE SUNDAY – For the past month, I have been attempting to plan our meal schedules for the week every Sunday.  So why not post it!  Again, keep me accountable!!

I think the theme days should be fun plus it will give me something to write about instead of napping and laundry ;0)

I will be starting today…because, well why not?! Sooooo today is à tHiRsTy tHuRsDaY!

The drink of the day will be:

ChocoMint Tea (non-alcoholic although if I had some Bailey’s Irish Cream, I would substitute the almond milk for 3-4 TB bailey’s!)

Mint Tea bag
8 oz hot water
2 TBS chocolate syrup
1 tsp cocoa powder
2TB almond milk
Sprinkle cinnamon

Mix cocoa powder and chocolate syrup into mug of hot water.
Add mint tea bag and let steep for 5 minutes.
Add almond milk and put in microwave for 30 seconds.
Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
Take out tea bag and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Enjoy!!

WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR:



I am thankful for my puppy.  I don’t know how it took me until the 17th day of the month to mention my little Freckles!  I love her little black eye, her little stretching noises, how she likes to stare at herself chewing her bone in the mirror and how excited she gets to eat (just like mommy!).  To be honest, there is very little I don’t love about her.  She is just completely and utterly adorable. <3  Here are some more photos to make you smile.





This one is when she was about 4 months old.  She is almost 10 months now!

She is a puppy star!  There were over 37 million of these flyers printed out and posted at PETCO's around the country.  And, yes, that is MY dog :)  Go into a PETCO and check her out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment